I had organized a MHK on the eve of moving out of my current residence. Home, as near as it is to me, is quite far for most people who confirmed their participation - yet, they turned up in good numbers*. The event itself was a fantastic time spend for all those who chose to come.
The main objective of this MHK was to arrange for a place where people would not be constrained by time or resources while trying to get together and spend time at leisure. I had arranged for lunch, snacks and beverages. There was also a provision to watch a "cult" movie if everyone attending were inclined to.
The MHK was to start by 11:00 AM, but, keeping with the tradition** we started around 12:15 PM. However, once the MHK started, the tempo of the meeting picked up beyond expectations. There were more people and a whole lot more fun than an average MHK***. People played board games and group games both pre and post lunch. There was also a captivating session on Biking through the Himalayas by one of the members. It was about 8:00 PM when the meeting ended.
19th September 2009, Saturday
- 12:00 PM to 2:00PM - Introductions followed by "Scotland yard" and "Cluedo"
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Lunch and chatter
- 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Some chatter but mostly "Mafia"
- 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM - A bike journey through Leh/Ladakh/Jammu - by Gururaj Krishnamurthy
- 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM - A short round of Pictionary with some hot payasam followed by goodbyes
Mensans: 9 (in order of appearance to MHK)
- Gururaj, Divakaran, Sugandhi, Tharunya, Sanat, Ananth,Kiran, Rathi, Ujwal
Guests: 4 (in order of appearance to MHK)
- Rana, Giridhar, Roopa, Manasvi
- Ravi & his mom (Savitha Manjunath)
- Sanat travelled from Kerala straight to the MHK and kept all of us engaged by masterfully moderating "Mafia"
- Rathi travelled from Hyderabad straight to the MHK; she had some special sweet from Hyderabad for all who took trouble to attend the MHK
- My mom Savitha, worked tirelessly to arrange for Lunch and Snacks - all by herself. Roopa helped her with serving
- Around 6:30 PM, the skies opened up and there was a very heavy , incessant downpour. This caused some inconveniences to attendees as they were getting ready to head back home
A big thank you to all of you who attended this MHK. It was a terrific change for us at home. The atmosphere and fun we had during the MHK will be truly memorable.
* a total of 13 guests made it to the event
** people rarely turn up on time for MHKs, but then, you are not expected to...
*** an average MHK starts around 5:00 in the evening and lasts for only a couple of hours with anywhere between 3 to 8 people in attendance