Friday, April 18, 2008

MHK Report: April 2008, BrewHaHa

It has been almost a week since the most recent MHK and its high time we gave a description of it to those who missed it and remind those who attended it of the fun-filled hours spent.

The last MHK was on April 12th and it was good fun! Tharunya deserves a lot of praise for having conducted things well.

It was probably 3.15 p.m. when I reached BrewHaHa. Tharunya, Annette, Ujjwal, Sharmila and Ali were already there. I was introduced to those I had not met before. Ujjwal then showed all of us his prize-winning story :) which was subjected to some amount of discussion and debate. After sometime, Gururaj and Varun joined us (I don't remember who came first). I was slightly disappointed (again) at Sugandhi's absence. Its just that I write to her quite often and I still haven't met her.

Meanwhile, Tharunya had arranged for a nice place in one corner of the shop for us to carry out the activities planned for the day. After sometime Ananth joined us. After some more time Kiran and Ravi joined us. Nobody came after that and in my opinion, nobody would have welcomed anybody who came after that considering the fact that Tharunya (and to an extent even we) were annoyed at the late comers!

We played a number of games and I can't name them since each game was new and different from the games we have already played or heard of. Hats off to Tharunya - it isn't simple to plan such events with so much care and great attention to every detail.

After sometime, a few members (Ujjwal, Sharmila, Varun, Gururaj) left the place. To be honest, we had even more fun after they left! It has got nothing to do with their absence though.

We continued playing Tharunya's games for sometime and then we played random pictionary (english movies) until all of us left the place (it was probably 7 p.m. when we left). I still remember the 'Daisy Duck' Ravi drew :).

This report would be incomplete if I didn't write about Annette. I met her for the first time that day. She is a wonderful person. She's a great listener and above all, she's a genius. You should have seen the things she drew! She can replace Neil Buchanan in Art Attack!

I have now come to the end of the report and I hope to see all of you in the next MHK!

Poorna.T.S.

6 comments:

Roshin said...

Nice report, looks like I missed a really good MHK :(

tangled said...

Neither can one forget Shakespeare's cousin...
:P

kiran said...

annoyed??? er...lady, maybe you should try and check out WHY people were late ( for an informal get-together like an MHK) before you start applying school-like rules:)

i dont know if i said this before, but well done, Tharunya - all the games were fun and Really inventive. We DID miss quite a bit by postponing her event for the last few months:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tangled said...

So, Kiran... "WHY" were you late? Especially since you messaged me at two to let me know you might get lost, and were incommunicado thereafter...

tangled said...

And thanks.